Sunday, September 11, 2011

This and That

Today I am kind of a mess....

For Book Club this month we are reading The Giver by Lois Lowry.  I read it last night in about 6 hours, I could not put it down!  Then toward the end something happened (I won't give it away!) that made me sob uncontrollably until I finished the book and then after.  I cannot stop thinking about it.  It has traumatized me a little.  In fact it catches me off guard and I start crying again.  I was worried I would have nightmares all night and would not be able to sleep.  I didn't, but I woke up thinking about it again.  Let's just say that I am grateful I live in reality and not that world.

To make matters worse, today is the 10th Anniversary of the 9/11 attacks on the World Trade Center in New York City and we have been watching the memorial happening today and the footage taken on that day.  My already fragile state has caused me to cry again and again every time I watch.  I was a Junior in High School when this happened and I remember watching the second plane hit and the towers fall thinking it must be a movie because thinks like that didn't happen in real life.  It wasn't a movie and it was and is real life.  I am so proud to be an American.  We will never be torn down as long as we come together as we did that day.


On a happier note!  Callum had his 9 month appointment on Friday and here are his stats:

*He is 18lbs 14.5oz; 25th percentile
*30.5 inches long; 95th percentile
*His head size in in the 75th percentile

His doctor is very pleased with him.  She said that she is happy with his growth and that as his peers begin to slow down, Callum will catch up in his weight.  He is so skinny because he has a higher caloric output thanks to his heart.

She also said that he must have been Einstein because he is advanced for his age, which makes him SUPER advanced for his age being a Heart Baby.  He is such a clever boy!

In fact, Brigham and I started to teach him how to wave "Bye Bye" just a few days ago and we were at my parents house yesterday to watch the Utah Football Game (what a disappointment by the way) and when we were leaving we were saying "bye bye" and he said it!
He started to wave and say bye bye!  I couldn't believe it!  He is so smart!


I love him so much!  I am such a lucky momma! 

2 comments:

  1. He is so cute! I love that last picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to go get that book. I just finished the third of the Obsedian series and loved it! Callum is so cute! I miss him. I loved reading about the last few months on your blog. Your a great writer. Hope to see you soon. Oh and I really think it's time you come out to San Fran to hang! Love you sister.

    ReplyDelete