Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Happy Birthday Callum!!!


Today is a very special day; it is Callum's birthday!  One year ago today my sweet little man entered the world and the world became brighter as a result.  I love him so much!  He has been such a blessing in my life.  I don't know what I ever did without him :)

 My sweet sweet little new born... How time flies!


Auntie Heather was so excited to give Callum his birthday presents so he got to open them a few days early.  And Grammy and Papa were not going to be able to come see Callum on his Birthday so he got to open their presents too.



 He is so excited to rip the paper!




He was so funny because when he got the present opened and saw it he IMMEDIATELY wanted to play with it.  So he threw a fit until Brigham could get it out of the box for him.  


He loves it!  It is so cute, it has a little button for him to push that makes noises and it has cute little animals he can play with and, of course, he can push it around!  Great gift Auntie Heather!  Love you!



 More things to push


 What a lucky kid!  A truck, a phone and some blocks!  So spoiled :)


 I cannot get enough of his sweet little smile!  I love him so much!  And I love that he tries to walk holding onto the furniture.


Who needs toys when you can climb!

Stinky?

Opening presents is hard work!

I had some days left that I needed to take off work, so I thought Callum's birthday was the perfect day!  We had so much fun hanging out together and we got to go to the store to get him a cake.

 When we went to the store last night to pick out his cake, they gave him a cookie for his birthday.  He loved it and he did so well eating it on his own; he also really likes to share :)

 Mommy and Callum hanging out

 He loves his new toys!

 But remotes are always fun

I am lame and did not get a picture of the cake before we gave it to him, but it was really cute.  It was one of those giant cupcakes and it had a road and grass and Lightening McQueen!  It was so fun.


We invited some family over for brownies and ice cream and to have fun watching Callum eat his first cake!  I am so glad that people were able to come.  We had such a good time and Callum was so cute.

I found this plastic bib at Smiths and it is AWESOME!  It completely covered his cute new shirt, has a catch all pocket and it didn't bug him at all... not really really anyway :)

Grandpa helped him blow out his candle

He was not so sure about it at first, but once he tasted it he wanted it!

The dog is biding her time and Callum is telling her No!





He is fascinated by what is on his hands.   He was doing the same thing he did after his sedated Echo when he twisted his hand back and forth to see it.  It was so funny!


Grandpa will help!


After Callum had his cake and we had some brownies and ice cream it was time to open his presents!



Grandpa got his this cute little singing and dancing dog.  You push a button on the feet and then it will sing and dance.  Callum loves it!  He will sit and play with it for five minutes at a time and that is huge!



This one is from Mom and Dad

It's a monster truck!  He really likes cars and things he can push and this was perfect, it was just his size.

This is the super cute little outfit that Wendy and Ian and family got for him.  It is a little football fuzzy warm up suit.  I love it!  It is so cute, and Callum looks really cute in it.  I love baby clothes and tiny people clothes.  They are so fun!


This dinosaur is also from Grandpa and it is really cool.  It is a walker and as he gets bigger it turns into a little scooter that he can ride on.  Oh and it sings and lights up too.  Callum is being a really good helper for Daddy as he puts it together.


First try!  I have a video of him running with it, it is really funny, but it will come in a later post.  

This will be really great for him; he is good at cruising and walking while holding someone's hand, but he has not built his confidence enough that he can walk by himself yet.  So hopefully this will help.  He seems to really like it!

He likes to push the buttons



He loves to hang out with his Grandpa


We had such a fun day!  Happy Birthday my sweet little man!  You have been the best part of my life so far, I am so lucky to have you.  I hope you enjoyed your first birthday as much as I did.

Here are few more cute pictures of my little guy:

 Reading a book with Grandpa

 He likes to brush his hair

 Love you little buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment